ABIM is actively monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. At this point, we are still planning to administer the Summer Internal Medicine Certification Examination in August 2020 and we are earnestly working to establish additional testing dates for those who are unable or do not feel prepared to test in August. As this is an evolving situation, we wanted to let you know the following:
- Registration (with no late fees) has been extended through May 15, 2020 to give you greater flexibility during this challenging time.
- We encourage you to register for your exam for August, even if you are not sure you will take the exam at that time. This will give you maximum flexibility in selecting a future date:
- If you are unable or feel unprepared to test in August, ABIM will offer future dates so you can take it later within the 20/21 academic year.
- We will announce future dates as soon as we get them from our testing vendor, Pearson VUE.
- We understand the future dates may not work for you either, so please note that a 100% refund will be available through November 30, 2020.
- No proof or documentation is needed if you schedule for a future date or request a refund.
- No one will be able to register for August or the future, additional dates after May 15, 2020. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ABIM must set our deadlines with enough time to manage requests for accommodations and apply those deadlines to all candidates, both with and without the need for accommodations
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For all ABIM updates related to COVID-19, visit our dedicated page on abim.org.